- Blade material: Steel FAX20 Warikomi (hard and stainless steel hybrid). Created in a special Japanese process in which hardened steel is inserted between stainless steel to created a 3 layered blade with a hard center that holds sharpness covered by stainless steel to resist rust. Regular weight laminated wood handle.
- Japanese-made knives – exceptionally durable and functional – great for both professional and home use
- Crafted using traditional Japanese ancient sword-manufacturing techniques
- Unique manufacturing procedure includes 60 individual processes, resulting in much higher quality than mass-produced knives
- Double-edged knives manually sharpened using unique sharpening processes, creating a cutting edge that is thin, sharp and durable
TOSHU kitchen knives are created using a blend of both modern and traditional Japanese ancient sword-making techniques.
TOSHU knives go through 60 individual production processes utilizing specially trained craftsmen, resulting in much higher quality than mass-produced knives.
Knives are manufactured using specialty hammering and forging techniques. Each knife is crafted using a unique hammered flame forging process. This process involves hammering and heating the material in a 1,000°C flame. All processes are designed to bring out the best properties of the metal.
TOSHU knives are hand-sharpened and double-edged. One blade edge is nearly vertically ground, and the other edge is ground to a clam shell curve. This creates a cutting edge that is thin, sharp and durable.
The unique manufacturing process results in knives that include the following special properties: outstanding hardness and sharpness with less chipping, flexibility for avoiding breakage, anti-abrasion for longer sharpness, anti-fatigue for longer life and anti-corrosion for avoiding rust.
Japanese split and insert manufacturing process (warikomi) creates a hybrid knife with 3 layers. Outer layers are stainless steel while the entire center layer is a very hard steel (not stainless) that will hold a sharp edge longer. Designed for professional use.